Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One Foot out the Door

In Chicago there is a company called Lettuce Entertain You (even before the age where I understood witty humor I thought that was clever) that owns several chains of restaurants throughout the Chicagoland area. Rosebud of Highland Park is one of these restaurant. Rosebud has been a family favorite of mine since it opened several years ago. Much to my dismay, they have finally shut their doors to open another restaurant in Deerfield (a hop skip and jump away from Highland Park), what's funny is that I was expecting to be in dismay a couple of years ago. They had said on numerous counts that they were going to shutdown their Highland Park location yet the set date would come and go and no closing of doors would happen. I now conclude that this was a skeezy advertising ploy to rush in the dinner crowds each weekend before it actually shut down.

Let me tell you if my conspiracy theory is right than they have a brilliant brain trust of marketers over at Lettuce Entertain You because each time I went there before it was set to close I could hardly believe how crowded it was!

So do I like that they said goodbye and then stayed time and time again? Yes and no, I love the food but hate the deceit. Regardless of how I feel though, that was some damn good advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment